CSU-Global's accredited online bachelor's degree in applied social sciences is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge in a wide range of interconnected fields. The program consists of 10 three-credit core courses as part of a full 120-credit bachelor's degree. Maximize your transfer credits and take advantage of our alternative credit options to finish faster and for less!
Note: CSU-Global will no longer accept new students into this program as of Fall, 2018
Recommended order of courses for the B.S. in Applied Social Sciences program:
Note: This order of courses is based on the Fall 2018-2019 catalog. If you started this program prior to the Fall 2018-2019 trimester, you may have a different list of required classes. Please refer to a previous academic catalog to view your required courses. You can view your catalog year from your Student Portal by clicking on Degree Progress Details. All previous catalogs are available in the Student Portal, on the bottom of the main page.
- ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
- SOC300 - Working in Modern Society
- HSM320: Human Development
- COM305 - Communication in the Global Information Age
- SOC310 - Race, Gender, and Ethnic Relations in the U.S.
- ORG428 - Organizational Behavior
- ITS325: Technology, Ethics, and Global Community
- SOC460 - Community Development
- SOC470 - Evaluation of Research and Theory in the Social Sciences
- SOC480 - Capstone - Applying the Social Sciences (Prerequisite: All core and specialization courses)
- SOC495* - Applied Social Sciences Practicum *(Optional course)
* SOC495 is an optional course that provides students with practical business management experience. This course may not be available in all states, see the State Specific Authorization Policy under Admissions Policies in the Academic Catalog.
You can access a copy of the sample syllabus for each of these courses through the booklist. Just click on the course code in the left hand column. For course descriptions, please visit the current academic catalog.