CSU-Global's accredited online bachelor's degree in management information systems and business analytics is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the field. The program consists of 12 three-credit core courses as part of a full 120-credit bachelor's degree. Maximize your transfer credits and take advantage of our alternative credit options to finish faster and for less!
Recommended order of courses for the B.S. in Management Information Systems and Business Analytics program:
Note: This order of courses is based on the Spring 2017 catalog. If you started this program prior to the Spring 2017 trimester, you may have a different list of required classes. Please refer to a previous academic catalog to view your required courses.
- ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
- MGT300 - Principles of Management
- MGT350 - Business Policy and Strategy
- MIS300 - Information Systems Design and Management
- MIS350 - Information Systems Analysis and Design (Recommended prior course: MIS300)
- ITS320 - Basic Programming (Recommended prior course: ITS310)
- MIS407 - Database Concepts (Replacement course for ITS407. Students cannot receive credit for both)
- ITS410 - Database Management (Recommended prior course: ITS310 or ITS315, ITS320)
- MIS445 - Statistics and SPSS (Prerequisite: MIS440 or ITS440. Note: Replacement course for ITS445. Students cannot receive credit for both)
- MIS450 - Data Mining (Prerequisite: MIS445 or ITS445)
- MIS440 - Cloud Computing and Big Data (Prerequisite: ITS410)
- MIS480 - Capstone - Business Analytics and Information Systems (Prerequisite: All core and specialization coursework)
- MIS495 - Management Information Systems and Business Analytics Practicum *(Optional Course)
You can access copy of the sample syllabus for each of these courses through the booklist. Just click on the course code in the left hand column. For course descriptions, please visit the current academic catalog.