CSU-Global's accredited online bachelor's degree in communication is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the communications fields. The program consists of 12 three-credit core courses as part of a full 120-credit bachelor's degree. Maximize your transfer credits and take advantage of our alternative credit options to finish faster and for less!
Recommended order of courses for the B.S. in Communication program:
Note: This order of courses is based on the Fall 2018-2019 catalog. If you started this program prior to the Fall 2018-2019 trimester, you may have a different list of required classes. Please refer to a previous academic catalog to view your required courses. You can view your catalog year from your Student Portal by clicking on Degree Progress Details. All previous catalogs are available in the Student Portal, on the bottom of the main page.
- ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
- COM301 - Research and Writing for the Communication Professional
- COM305 - Communication in the Global Information Age
- COM310 - Interpersonal Communication
- COM315 - Intercultural Communication
- COM325 - Mass Communication and Society
- COM335 - Foundations of Strategic Communication (Prerequisite: COM301)
- COM400 - Strategic Communication (Recommended prior course: COM335)
- HRM435 - Creating a Diverse and Ethical Workforce
- COM425 - Communication Conflict and Persuasion (Recommended prior course: COM310 and COM315)
- COM455 - Technical Communication (Recommended prior course: COM300)
- COM480 - Capstone - Applied Communication Strategies (Prerequisite: All core and specialization courses)
- COM495* - Communications Practicum (Optional Course)
You can access copy of the sample syllabus for each of these courses through the booklist. Just click on the course code in the left hand column. For course descriptions, please visit the current academic catalog.