Below are common questions that may come up when using CSU-Global Connect.
Proper Conduct FAQs:
- How do I know what’s okay to say and what’s not?
- We want you to have genuine conversations and interactions on CSU-Global Connect -- but remember that other CSU-Global Connect users are your academic peers and potential career network. Conduct yourself online as you would in any other public circumstance. Treat those you encounter online with fairness, honesty and respect, just as you would offline and avoid actions that might discredit you to others.
- Is someone from the University reading everything I post?
- The short answer is no. However, certain words or phrases will be flagged to a site administrator who will review and possibly remove your post or picture if it is deemed inappropriate or offensive and you may be contacted about a potential Student Code of Conduct violation.
- What happens if I see something that is inappropriate or offensive?
- You can easily report a post to site administrators using the carrot on the right hand side of a post. Once reported, the post will be reviewed and potentially removed.
User Profile FAQs:
- How do I update my profile information?
- Click on your profile picture icon in the top right corner of the page and select ‘View Profile’. From here, click ‘Edit’ to change your profile picture and to update your information. The more information you provide, the more matches to groups, events and connections will be surfaced to you when searching in the Discover tab. After making your edits, click ‘Save Profile’.
- I need technical help, what should I do?
- Click the ‘Help’ button at the bottom of the page, fill out the required details and click ‘Send’.
- How do I change my privacy settings?
- Click on your profile picture ion in the top right corner of the page and select ‘Account Settings’. From here you can adjust your account settings. After making your selections, click ‘Save Settings’.
- What does the icon under a person’s name mean?
- How do I find groups?
- Click the Discover link on the left-hand navigation to find groups or search for a specific group using the search bar at the top of the page. You can also find group of a specific type by selecting ‘Discover More’ under the group type of your choosing on the left-hand navigation.
- How do I join a group?
- Click ‘Join Group’ on the group page.
- How do I leave a group?
- Select ‘Info’ on the group page, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Leave Group’.
- Who are the group admins?
- Select ‘Info’ on the group page. Towards the bottom of the page will be the list of group admins for that individual group.
- How do I see additional information for upcoming events?
- To see additional details for an event, click on the individual event from the ‘Events’ tab in the group.
Making Connections FAQs
- How do I find people?
- Click the Discover link on the left-hand navigation to find people or search for a specific person using the search bar at the top of the page.
- I searched for someone and their name isn’t coming up. How do I find the person?
- It’s best to search for someone using their first and last name. However, if you don’t know their full name you can search by first or last, click ‘View All Results’ and a full list of students with that name will come up.
- How do I find suggested connections?
- Click the link icon in the right-hand corner of the page and select ‘Suggestions’.
- How do I accept connection requests?
- Click on the link icon in the right-hand corner of the page to review and accept pending connection requests.
- Where can I find a list of my connections?
- Click on the link icon in the right-hand corner of the page and select ‘See All’.
- How do I send a message to a user in connect?
- Navigate to their profile and click on the message button on the right-hand side of their profile page. You can also click the message icon in the right-hand corner of the page and select ‘New Message’.