Flash Mentor Program
The Flash Mentor Program is a CSU-Global Alumni Association mentor program that facilitates short-term mentoring relationships between student/alumni mentees and an alumni mentor. These 1-3 time meetings or discussions enable the mentee to learn and seek specific guidance from an experienced CSU-Global alumni. Examples of mentee/mentor meetings in the Flash Mentor Program:
- Informational interview about the company or industry
- Resume and/or cover letter review for specific field/industry/company
- Mock interview
- Career advice
- LinkedIn profile review/tips
When matching with a mentee/mentor be cognizant of why you are choosing them. You have the ability to search the directory for a mentor based on criteria that you set. Make sure that you are requesting and/or accepting mentor/mentee requests that will be beneficial for both the mentee and mentor.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I participate in more than one type of mentor program?
Can I have more than one mentee/mentor?
Can alumni be a mentor and also have a mentor?
Do I have to meet in-person with my mentee/mentor?
- No. How, when, and where you meet is up to the mentee and mentor to decide together. You can email, call, video chat, meet in person, etc.
How many times will I talk with my mentee/mentor?
- It is recommended that you talk with each other 1-3 times
- It is up to the mentee to initially reach out to the mentor and it is the mentor’s responsibility to be responsive
- If you are looking for a mentee/mentor that you will speak with more frequently, consider participating in the CSU-Global Mentor Program
Can I continue to talk with my mentee/mentor from the Flash Mentor Program after the initial 1-3 times?
- If the mentor and mentee mutually decide to talk again, they can. This is not expected or required
What do I do if I need to disconnect from my mentor or mentee for various reasons?
- You can disconnect within the CSU-Global Alumni Network
- If there is a serious issue that needs to be brought to CSU-Global’s attention, please email email@example.com
- Please contact the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.