CSU-Global’s accredited Online Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration and Management is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the field. The program consists of 8 three-credit core courses as part of a full 36-credit master’s degree. (
Recommended order of courses for the program:
Note: This order of courses is based on the Winter 2018-2019 catalog. If you started this program prior to the Winter 2018-2019 trimester, you may have a different list of required classes. Please refer to a previous academic catalog to view your required courses. You can view your catalog year from your Student Portal by clicking on Degree Progress Details. All previous catalogs are available in the Student Portal, on the bottom of the main page.
- (RES501* - Fundamentals of Research and Writing) *(Not required for all students)
- HCM500 - The U.S. Healthcare System
- HCM502 - Organizational Behavior and Human Resources in Healthcare (Recommended prior course: HCM500)
- HCM515 - Health Law and Ethics (Recommended prior course: HCM500)
- HCM520 - Quality and Performance Improvement in Healthcare (Recommended prior course: HCM500)
- HCM542 - Operations Management in Healthcare Organizations
- HCM565 - Healthcare Finance (Recommended prior course: HCM500)
- HCM570 - Healthcare Information Systems
- 12 Specialization Credits
- HCM580 - Strategic Management in Healthcare (Prerequisite: All core and specialization courses)
- HCM595* - Healthcare Management Internship *optional course
*HCM595 is an optional course that provides students with practical business management experience. This course may not be available in all states, see the State Specific Authorization Policy under Admissions Policies in the Academic Catalog
You can access a copy of the sample syllabus for each of these courses through the booklist. Just click on the course code in the left hand column. For course descriptions, please visit the current academic catalog.