CSU-Global’s accredited online master’s degree in teaching and learning is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the field. The program consists of 8 three-credit core courses as part of a full 36-credit master’s degree. (
Recommended order of courses for the M.S. in Teaching and Learning program:
Note: This order of courses is based on the Spring 2017 catalog. If you started this program prior to the Spring 2017 trimester, you may have a different list of required classes. Please refer to a previous academic catalog to view your required courses.
- RES501* - Fundamentals of Research and Writing (Not required for all students)
- OTL502 - Learning Theories and Models of Instruction
- OTL504 - Social, Ethical and Legal Issues in 21st Century Learning
- OTL540K - Theory and Practice in Backward Design (Students taking OTL540K will not be able to apply this credit towards any program requiring OTL540)
- OTL541K - Evaluation and Assessment (Students taking OTL541K will not be able to apply this credit towards any program requiring OTL541)
- OTL545 - Technology and Innovation
- OTL565 - Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in the Differentiated Classroom
- OTL568 - Action Research
- 12 Specialization Credits OR Teacher Ready to fulfill specialization credits
- OTL579 - Research-Based Professional Project OR OTL581 - Capstone - Researching Effective Educational Programming (Prerequisite: All core and specialization courses)
You can access copy of the sample syllabus for each of these courses through the booklist. Just click on the course code in the left hand column. For course descriptions, please visit the current academic catalog.