CSU-Global’s Teaching & Learning Education Leadership Concentration is designed to prepare you for a career as a successful principal or assistant principal. The courses developed and selected for inclusion in this program reflect that mission, with intensive coursework and practical application built into the curriculum.
Recommended order of courses for the M.S. in Teaching and Learning - Education Leadership program:
Note: This order of courses is based on the Spring 2017 catalog. If you started this program prior to the Spring 2017 trimester, you may have a different list of required classes. Please refer to a previous academic catalog to view your required courses.
- RES501* - Fundamentals of Research and Writing (Not required for all students)
- OTL502 - Learning Theories and Models of Instruction
- OTL541K - Evaluation and Assessment (Students taking OTL541K will not be able to apply this credit towards any program requiring OTL541)
- OTL545 - Technology and Innovation
- OTL565 - Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in the Differentiated Classroom
- EDL500 - Strategic Leadership (Prerequisite: All admission criteria for the licensure program must be met)
- EDL520 - Instructional Leadership (Prerequisite: EDL500)
- EDL530 - School Culture and Equity Leadership (Prerequisite: EDL520)
- EDL540 - Human Resource Leadership (Prerequisite: EDL530)
- EDL550 - Managerial Leadership (Prerequisite: EDL540)
- EDL560 - External Development Leadership (Prerequisite: EDL550)
- EDL510 - School Leadership Internship (Prerequisite: EDL540)
- OTL568 - Action Research
- OTL579 - Research-Based Professional Project OR OTL581 - Capstone - Researching Effective Educational Programming (Prerequisite: All core courses)
You can access copy of the sample syllabus for each of these courses through the booklist. Just click on the course code in the left hand column. For course descriptions, please visit the current academic catalog.