The human services profession makes life better for children, families, and the community. We begin by helping individuals solve problems in their lives. Then we work toward helping individuals be prepared to meet their life's needs. We look even further - toward making systemic changes so that the entire community is stronger.
Strong communities are our goal and our livelihood. As the human services profession has grown and developed over the past 30 years, the National Organization for Human Services has always been there. Starting as an organization exclusively for human service educators, our membership - and our mission - now encompasses educators, students, and practitioners.
This community is our strength. Individually, we each face new and daunting challenges. Together, we meet those challenges with the knowledge and skills that will foster positive change for our clients and our communities.
We offer two tiers of membership:
- Join the CSU-Global NOHS group at no cost to you in CSU-Global Connect here or click on 'CSU-Global Connect' from your Student Portal, search 'NOHS' in the search bar and select 'Join Group'. Benefits include:
- Networking opportunities
- Shared resources and relevant information
- Engagement in informative discussions with your peers
- Join NOHS's national organization for a $35 annual membership fee here. In addition to the no cost benefits, get these membership benefits with a paid NOHS national student membership:
- Quarterly newsletter - see a sample copy online here
- Annual peer-reviewed journal, published each fall
- Access to the members only section of the NOHS website, featuring job postings
- Discounts on national conferences
- Eligibility to apply for member-only scholarships and grants
If you have any questions, please send an email to Nohs@csuglobal.edu