I can’t find a mentor that meets my specific criteria, what should I do?
- There may not be a mentor available that will meet the exact criteria you are searching for. For example, if you are looking for a mentor who works in the accounting industry in rural Kansas but aren’t able to find one in the directory, consider searching other rural areas in different states or a mentor who is in banking. While they don’t fit the exact criteria you are looking for, they may have connections and advice that will still be helpful
I can’t find a mentor that lives near me
- That’s okay! You don’t have to meet in-person with your mentor. You can talk over the phone, video chat, emails, etc.
I don’t have time to find a mentor
- Take 10-15 minutes to find 3-5 potential mentors. Send them a brief message addressing why you are looking for a mentor and what you hope to gain from/bring to a mentor relationship. After sending your messages and receiving responses, you will likely find a good fit, which didn't take a ton of time! If you don't have the time to send messages, please contact email@example.com for further assistance. Examples of what to say when reaching out to a possible mentor can be found here.
I don’t know what I should be looking for when searching for mentor
- Look for someone who aligns with your goals
- Review the profiles of potential mentors before sending them a request. If they have linked their LinkedIn account to their profile, take a couple minutes to take a look
- Using the ‘Refine Your Search’ feature in the directory, narrow down potential mentors based on various factors that are important to you