Designed to prepare students for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam, the Online Master of Professional Accountancy from CSU-Global consists of a series of carefully selected courses. Emphases are placed on leadership, teamwork, planning, and communication skills.
This 30 credit** program consists of 24 credits of required graduate professional accounting courses, and 6 credits of elective coursework.
**Some Master of Professional Accounting students may also be required to take RES501 as part of their program if they have an undergraduate GPA below 3.00. In this case, the degree is 33 credits.
Recommended order of courses for the Master of Professional Accounting program:
Note: This order of courses is based on the Winter 2018-2019 catalog. If you started this program prior to the Winter 2018-2019 trimester, you may have a different list of required classes. Please refer to a previous academic catalog to view your required courses. You can view your catalog year from your Student Portal by clicking on Degree Progress Details. All previous catalogs are available in the Student Portal, on the bottom of the main page.
Note: Please also note that if you are a student with prerequisites required, then this course list will be different for you. Please refer to your Degree Progress Audit in the student portal to confirm your required courses
- (RES501)* - Fundamentals of Research and Writing *(Not required for all students)
- (BUS500)* - Foundations of Business *(Not required for all students)
- ACT506 - Advanced: Accounting II (Prerequisite: ACT470 or prior knowledge of consolidations process)
- ACT510 - Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- ACT520 - International Accounting
- ACT560 - Accounting Ethics (Prerequisite: ACT505)
- ACT570 - Advanced Cost Accounting
- ACT575 - Advanced Auditing and Assurance Services
- ACT555 - Governmental Accounting
- MPAcc Electives (Choose 2: ACT550, ACT557, ACT558, MGT510, FIN530)
- ACT580 - Capstone - Accounting (Prerequisite: All core and specialization courses)
- ACT595* - Accounting Internship (optional course)
*ACT595 is an optional course that provides students with practical business management experience. This course may not be available in all states, see the State Specific Authorization Policy under Admissions Policies in the Academic Catalog.
You can access copy of the sample syllabus for each of these courses through the booklist. Just click on the course code in the left hand column. For course descriptions, please visit the current academic catalog.
Financial Aid in the MPAcc Program
If you are an MPAcc student in the pre-requisite group and you are using Financial aid, you will see differing loan availability. Please see below for how this status will impact your aid and your responsibilities as a student in this group:
- MPAcc Prerequisite students will be packaged at 4th year undergrad levels while completing the prerequisite courses and are still held to undergrad aggregate limits ($57,500)
- Students in the pre-req group will need to meet undergrad half-time status (6 credits) in a trimester to be eligible for financial aid
- Once prerequisites have been fulfilled, and you are fully moved to the MPAcc program, you will be eligible for a grade level increase to graduate level funds**
**Can only increase grade level between trimesters, not mid trimester