An Incomplete can allow you to complete Critical Thinking and Mastery Exercises from weeks 6-7, and your final portfolio project up to 4 weeks after a course has ended. To be considered for an Incomplete, you must email a completed Incomplete Request Form to your instructor, with an explanation of why you are making the request, no later than midnight MST on Sunday, the last day of class. It is highly recommended you contact your instructor before that date and not wait until the last day of class to make this request.
There are a few things to remember when requesting an Incomplete.
- An Incomplete can only be granted for work from weeks 6-8, including the portfolio. This means that all other work that falls outside the late policy will not be considered for an Incomplete. Discussion boards will also not be considered for an Incomplete.
- You must have the potential to earn a passing grade when requesting an Incomplete, based on work submitted during the first 5 weeks plus the potential points from assignments included in the Incomplete policy.
- An Incomplete can extend up to 4 weeks after the course has ended. This is determined by the agreement made between instructor and student requesting the incomplete and length my vary.
- All incomplete requests must be made by midnight MST on Sunday, the last day of class. Students should download and complete their portion of the Incomplete Request form, and email this information to their instructor. See where can I find my Instructor's contact information? to see how you can contact the instructor.
- Incomplete requests must be approved by the Instructor. If approved, your instructor will complete their portion of the Incomplete Request Form, forwarding this to the Office of the Registrar, and notifying you of the approved extension.
To access the form, click Here, or contact your advisor if you have any additional questions regarding the Incomplete Grade process.