What if I didn't file taxes?
If you were selected for Verification on your 2017/18 FAFSA, then you may have been asked to submit a Tax Return Transcript from your 2015 taxes (or your parent's/spouse's 2015 taxes). If you/your parent/spouse were not required to file 2015 taxes, you will need to provide additional documents to complete your verification.
Below is a list of required documents for non-tax filers. Please click on the links to other articles if you need help navigating the IRS website or don't understand the listed items:
- The Verification of Non-Filing Form: Available through the Student Verification Website
- One of the following items directly from the IRS:
- Verification of Non-Filing Letter
- A Tax Return Transcript/Account Transcript which indicates: "No Record Found" or "No Transcript on File"
- IRS Tax Form 13873
- Wage Income and Tax Transcript (only for students who did not file taxes but did earn wages)
Click on the following article for help navigating the IRS website: How do I get my tax documents online?