Below are common questions that may come up when using the CSU-Global Mobile App. If you have any additional questions that are not addressed, please be sure to reach out to Student Advising.
Quick-links to topics:
- Academic Calendar
- Course Registration
- Financial Aid
- Student Accounts
- Help Center
- Career Center
- Social Media
- Selecting the Academic Calendar module will prompt a download of a PDF version of the CSU-Global academic calendar which will be saved to the individual device.
- The course registration icon will redirect you to your Student Portal, in your devices native browser
- The library on the mobile app is a mobile version of the main CSU-Global library website where students can access the same resources.
- Can I accept my financial aid through the app?
- At this time the financial aid feature is a view only of your current financial aid awards. For more detailed information, or to accept financial aid, students will need to log into their Student Portal.
- Why do my awards say "Expired"?
- If a student has available financial aid that has not yet been accepted and we are beyond the start date of that respective trimester, the awards will say "expired". This does not necessarily mean they are unavailable, and students should still have the opportunity to review and accept those awards through the Student Portal.
- How can I see charges and payments on my account?
- Once in the Student Accounts module, simply select the term you are looking for, then click on Charges and/or Payments to see a detailed ledger of that term. If there is a remaining balance on a term, a "Pay" button will appear to take you to the payment website.
- How do I make payments through the app?
- Once you select the "Pay" button, you will be redirected to the payment portal to make your payment. You will be asked to sign in through Google using your CSU-Global credentials to be taken to CashNet to make payments or enroll in payment plans.
- Can I do my coursework through this app?
- Yes! Canvas already has a great mobile app which can be accessed through the CSU-Global app. Students can view grades, get notifications, see assignments and participate in discussion boards through the app.
CSU-Global Help Center
- There are several ways to use the Help Center through the mobile app:
- Read through recommended and popular articles on the home page of the Help Center
- Select the Table of Contents from the left side to browse through topics and find specific articles
- Select the three lines on the top right to view the Search box. When typing in keywords, the Help Center will offer suggestions for articles that may be relevant. Or continue typing and press the magnifying glass to see more options.
- The Bookstore module will redirect you to the mobile version of the CSU-Global bookstore. You will be presented with the option to login to your account if you have one, or you can just search your specific course to see the required text.
- Prospective students can fill out a Request for Information form through the application. This information will be forwarded on to our Enrollment team at CSU-Global to reach back out to discuss the next steps.
- General information and links to CSU-Global programs and financial aid information can be accessed from this page as well.
- The Career Center module directs students into their Student Portal, possibly requiring Google authentication with CSU-Gloabl credentials, and lands on the Career Center home page.
- The Career Center website is currently not configured to be mobile friendly. Career Services is working on building out a great mobile experience in the near future.
CSU-Global Social Media
- The app has quick-links to the Facebook and Twitter pages for CSU-Global
- You will be asked to open in the respective app if installed