The most common reason you might not be able to register for a course is a hold on your account. To determine if there is a hold on your account you can log into your student portal and on the homepage, there should blue number next to Student Alerts. Select Student Alerts to review the hold.
Below are two of the most common holds. You can click on each to learn more.
- Provisional Hold: Provisional students have a registration hold on their account for the first two trimesters and they must be registered by a Student Advisor.
- Past Due Hold: Contact your student advisor or Student Accounts to discuss options in regards to this hold.
If you do not have a hold on your account, the inability to register could be caused by a few other reasons.
- Capstone Course: Only a student advisor can register you for a capstone course.
- SAP Warning: You will need Advisor assistance to help you get back to Good Academic Standing.
- SAP Probation: SAP Probation is the next level of SAP and requires an appeal before continuing in courses.