How Can I Resume Good Academic Standing while I am in SAP?
If you are in SAP Warning, SAP Probation, or SAP Suspension status there are a few things you can do to return to Good Academic standing. Be sure to reach out to your student advisor with additional questions or concerns:
- Earn Passing Grades
- Undergraduate students need at least C's or better to pass all classes, though a higher grade may be required to move out of SAP Status.
- Graduate students need at least B-'s or better to pass all classes, though a higher grade may be required to move out of SAP Status.
- Be Cautious of Your Completion Rate
- Your completion rate (number of credits earned divided by credits attempted) must be 66.66% or higher.
- Repeat Failed Courses Immediately***Be sure to speak with your Advisor if you plan to repeat a course in which you earned a "D" or a "C" as this is calculated differently than a Failing grade.
- Consider Reducing your Course Load if you are taking Concurrent Classes
- Remember that withdrawing after the drop/add period will negatively impact your Completion Rate
- Consider taking some Time Off if you have Personal, Medical, or Work related Issues at this time
- Remember, you have one full Trimester (two if on SAP Probation/Suspension) to return to Good Academic Standing.
- Contact Student Advising if you need to Adjust your Academic Plan. In some circumstances, your plan may be revised.
- Use Your Resources such as the Writing Center, Smarthinking Tutoring and the Library.