What is Verification?
Verification is the process by which schools review student financial aid applications for accuracy. Institutions that participate in Federal Title IV aid programs are required to perform verification on a selection of students. Verification is done by collecting the documents the student used to complete the FAFSA and comparing them with the information the student provided on the FAFSA. You will not be able to receive financial aid until the verification process is complete.
Who is Selected for Verification?
CSU-Global follows U.S. Department of Education (DOE) guidelines and completes verification on all records that the DOE selects for the verification process. Additionally, we select a number of students for institutional verification based on the answers provided to certain FAFSA questions.
What is the Verification Process?
If you are selected for verification, you will find out in a couple of ways:
- When you receive your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education, you will see a comment stating "Your FAFSA has been selected for a review process called verification. Your school has the authority to collect certain financial documents from you.”
- Once our financial aid office receives your processed FAFSA, an email will be sent your CSU-Global student email indicating that you have been chosen for verification. This email will direct you to your student portal and the "FAFSA Verification" button located under the "My Account and Financial Aid" tab
How to Complete Verification
- After you click the button you will be taken to the CSU-Global verification page. On this page, you will need to create an account (if you haven't already) to continue with the verification process.
- You will need to complete all of the fields listed; first name, last name, date of birth and social security number are required in order to link your account with the FAFSA you submitted. This information must be entered exactly as it was on the FAFSA.
- Once you have created your account, log in, and you will see the information required to complete your verification. This will be different for each student. You will need to complete and upload all the required documentation before CSU-Global can complete your verification. Click on each document to view the requirements and submit the appropriate information.
- After you have submitted the required documentation, CSU-Global will review the information within 24 hours. Please note, you should receive a page notification that says CONGRATULATIONS (in place of WELCOME) which lets you know you have successfully submitted the documents. If a correction needs to be made, you will receive an email notification. Log back into your verification account and review the corrections that need to be made to complete your verification. You can click the red triangle next to each document that needs to be corrected for details on completing the correction. Please see the example below.
- After your FAFSA has been verified, you will receive an email notification that the process is complete. You can also check your account for completion. Your account status will say "verified" and you will see that CSU-Global has completed your verification review and no further action is required. Please see the example below.