How do I obtain a copy of my Certificate of Eligibility (CH. 33)

How to Obtain a Copy of Your GI Bill Letter® or Certificate of Eligibility

There are two ways to obtain a copy of your GI Bill Letter or Certificate of Eligibility (COE). 

Please note: You will also receive a new copy of your COE for each term that we certify a benefit:

#1: If you have an eBenefits Level II account, you can:

  • Log onto eBenefits (
  • On the “Welcome” page, select the “Manage Your Benefits” option at the bottom
  • Under the “Manage Benefits” option, select the “Status Tracking” option
  • In the “Education” block, you should see a link for the benefit you are eligible for
  • Select the “Enrollment Status” Link (Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, etc)
  • Print the page entitled “Education Enrollment Status”

#2: If you do NOT have an eBenefits Level II account:

  • Go to the GI Bill Website (
  • Select the “Submit a Question” option
  • If you have an existing account, log in. If not, you will need to use the “Sign up” link to establish an account
  • Once you are logged in, select the “Ask a Question” tab at the top
  • For subject, put “GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility”
  • For question, put in something like, “I am requesting a duplicate copy of my GI Bill Certificate of Eligibility be mailed to me."
  • Product is “GI Bill”; Category is the benefit you are eligible for
  • Under the benefit you are eligible for, select eligibility
  • Submit your request
  • A duplicate Certificate of Eligibility will be mailed to you

For additional information about Military Benefit eligibility, please click here