What is a Wage and Income Transcript?

There are times when you may be asked to submit a copy of income earned from a previous tax year as a student using Financial Aid.  This includes but is not limited to the following: 

  • You were selected for Verification
  • You did not file taxes but you earned wages
  • There was an error code on your FAFSA
  • CSU-Global needs to confirm your income vs. your spouse's  income
  • You filed a Professional Judgment. 

In the event you are asked to confirm your income with a W-2, CSU-Global may need the official tax document from the IRS called a "Wage and Income Transcript."  This transcript can be requested online via the IRS website

Please click here for step-by-step instructions on navigating the IRS website: How do I get my tax documents online?