There are times when you may be asked to submit a copy of income earned from a previous tax year as a student using Financial Aid. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- You were selected for Verification
- You did not file taxes but you earned wages
- There was an error code on your FAFSA
- CSU-Global needs to confirm your income vs. your spouse's income
- You filed a Professional Judgment.
In the event you are asked to confirm your income with a W-2, CSU-Global may need the official tax document from the IRS called a "Wage and Income Transcript." This transcript can be requested online via the IRS website.
Please click here for step-by-step instructions on navigating the IRS website: How do I get my tax documents online?