As part of our initiative to improve student success and academic integrity, all on-line students are required to verify their student identity. Federal regulations require that all institutions verify that the student who registers in an on-line learning course is the same student who participates in and completes the course.
As an on-line student, you will be asked to create a biometric password using a tool called Biometric Signature ID (BioSig-ID™). This password cannot be replicated by someone else.
You will be asked at various points throughout the course to validate your identity.
Please Note: All BioSig-ID™ activity takes place in the Canvas course(s).
BioSig-ID™ Enrollment Process:
- Watch the process explained visually in the following video
Your browser does not support the video tag.
Optionally view the BioSig-ID™ enrollment video in a new tab.
- Continue the BioSig-ID™ Enrollment via the Next button. It will provide you with specific directions.
- Complete the Student Authentication. This step will take several minutes and will include:
a. Create/Draw 1st password (4 characters) using one of the following: mouse, stylus, touchpad or touchscreen
b. Create 2nd password using Click-ID™ verification system
c. Draw 1st password a final time
In some instances you may find that you are stuck in a loop with verifying your identity. If this happens it is best to clear your cache from your web browser and try again.
To clear your cache:
Open Chrome. In the top right corner of the browser you will see three dots, which indicates a settings menu. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced.” Click on the section “Clear browsing data.”
- Select Tools (via the Gear Icon) > Safety > Delete browsing history.... ...
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies then click Delete.
- Click on the Safari drop-down menu and select Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab. Select the Show Develop menu in menu bar checkbox and close the Preferences window.
- Select the Develop drop-down menu. Click Empty Cache.
- Note: You may want to also clear your browser history.
Questions/Problems? Use the BioSig-ID™ Help Site