Retroactive Withdrawal Appeal

You may request that all grades in a previous term be retroactively removed and replaced with W grades on your transcript. You need to have experienced, during that term, unexpected health and/or personal problems so severe that you could not have been reasonably expected to complete the term satisfactorily. In general:

  • A retroactive withdrawal is not allowed if you have already earned a degree from CSU-Global and the term being requested is prior to the degree conferral
  • An approved retroactive withdrawal has no impact on any financial balance owed to the University
  • Retroactive withdrawals apply to every course for a particular term and cannot apply to selective courses
  • The retroactive withdrawal option is not intended if you simply missed the course withdrawal deadline
  • You can choose to withdraw to preserve your GPA, or you can request a Tuition Appeal, but not both
  • In order to retroactively withdraw from a course, you must provide documentation of the extenuating circumstances involved. Documentation should outline a timeline that prevented you from withdrawing by the withdrawal deadline
  • Withdrawing (even retroactively) has an impact on Financial Aid. In some circumstances, withdrawing may lead to a return of financial aid funds

To request a retroactive withdrawal:

  1. You must submit the request, along with supporting documentation from a professional who can attest to the your claim of extenuating circumstances, through the Student Portal within 30 days of the end of the term in question.
  2. Requests are reviewed after the end of the term by the Student Appeals Committee, who makes a decision for approval or denial of the request.

Detailed information can be found at the Appeals Center - Retroactive Withdrawal