Increasing, Decreasing, or Canceling Financial Aid

Increasing, Decreasing, or Canceling Financial Aid 

If you have already accepted your financial aid, and you would like to make an adjustment to that amount then you can do so. Simply contact your student advisor and ask for a Loan Adjustment Form which will be loaded into your student portal for electronic completion.  Please note, you must submit the Loan Adjustment Form within the actual Award Period.  

There are three options you can choose from:

  1. Decrease the amount of loans you are receiving
  2. Increase the amount of loans you are receiving or simply check the maximum amount box to receive the maximum eligibility amount
  3. Cancel all or a portion of your loans for the entire academic year or individual terms

When filling out the form, you will need to make sure you mark the specific loan and/or term (if applicable) in which you would like to adjust your loan.  Keep in mind, the amount you list is for the total amount of the loan, which will be split up into 4 disbursements. This means that if you want to change your loans after funds have already disbursed then you will need to account for that money.

Also keep in mind that there is a loan origination fee taken off each loan disbursement. When calculating how much you wish to accept, you need to also include the origination fee. 

This can be a little complicated so be sure to reach out to your Student Advisor for help with the form, or if you need assistance with how much aid to accept when your financial aid package is initially completed and ready to accept.

Related Articles